Yes...These are super healthy and we love these as our post workout refuel/snack
CONSUMING CARBOHYDRATES AFTER WORKOUTS HELPS TO REPLENISH GLYCOGEN STORES – AKA MUSCLE ENERGY – THAT HAVE BEEN EMPTIED DUE TO YOUR WORKOUT. WHEN YOU REPLENISH, YOU FEED YOUR MUSCLES SO THEY CAN RECOVER AND GROW.
I am not shitting you...these are amazing taste, full of good nutrients and are super easy to make. We eat these everyday...cause they are healthy and we love chocolate...
So why are they full of nutrients and amaziness?
Well basically, without getting into a nutrition less...it is because of the simple ingredients...they are just that super awesome....
- 2 cups of sweet potatoes (glycogen rich...which your body needs for recovery after a big workout)
- 1 whole grated zucchini (these actually have protein, vitamins and adds moisture)
- 1/3 cup of Honey (good healthy stuff period)
- 1/2 cup of quinoa flour (healthy and can make your own using a grinder or blender)
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of 100% cocoa powder (we always end up putting more though)
- Set oven to 415F.
- Bake 2 large sweet potatoes until they are soft, approximately 1 hour. When the sweet potatoes have finished baking, allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Set oven to 350F.
- Grate the zucchini into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sweet potato and mash.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and thoroughly mix together.
- Evenly divide batter among the individual muffin pan.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick in the brownies and it comes out clear.